Pope Francis says serving at the altar, is a privileged way to draw closer to Jesus, which in turn “enables you to open yourselves to others, to journey together, to set demanding goals, and to find the strength to achieve them.”
The closer you are to the altar, the more you will remember to speak with Jesus in daily prayer; the more you will be nourished by the word and the body of the Lord, the better able you will be to go out to others, bringing them the gift that you have received, giving in turn with enthusiasm the joy you have received.
The Altar Server assists the priest and deacon at the Mass, offering the responses to the prayers and dialogues, and participate in the singing and chants of the liturgy. They carry such responsibilities as
- Lead all required processions for the Mass.
- Provide service by assisting the Priest/Deacon with their duties during Mass.
- Providing an example to the congregation on appropriate actions during the Mass.
- Prepare and retire any material needed for the appropriate service
- Assume an appropriate attitude of prayer
We invite our 5th graders to join this ministry in the fall of the year. Any young people who feel called to this ministry and are older than 5th grade, please feel free to contact Mrs. Clark at anytime.